Which are the best Jason Segel quotes?
Jason Segel is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, singer, and producer. He is well known for his role in the tv show ‘How I Meet Your Mother’.
Segel also starred, written, and produced a successful comedic television series ‘Freaks and Geeks’ and ‘Undeclared’. Throughout his career, he has been starred in several films, including ‘Knocked Up’, ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’, ‘Despicable Me’, ‘Bad Teacher’, and many more.
We’ve put together this collection of the best Jason Segel quotes:
23 All-Time Favorite Jason Segel Quotes
1. “I did a show called ‘Freaks and Geeks’ when I was very young. And I had the naivete and arrogance of youth. You know, I really assumed that when the show got canceled, like, oh, it doesn’t matter, you just keep rolling, you know. I’m about to be the biggest star of the world. And then I was met with five years of unemployment.” – Jason Segel
2. “I went on a Hot Pocket diet where I ate two Hot Pockets every four hours. I only had the pepperoni pizza flavor. I didn’t go anywhere near the cheeseburger macaroni.” – Jason Segel
3. “If you can find the line between sympathetic and creepy, you have reached a very funny area.” – Jason Segel
4. “Part of growing up is not waiting in line at a hipster breakfast restaurant. The eggs taste the same across the street. I promise.” – Jason Segel
5. “I always have awkward relationships with the ladies for whatever reason. I don’t know and so here we are. I was able to sort of take all of those terrible, terrible, terrible dates and turn them into a money-making venture.” – Jason Segel
6. “I was making out with this woman, and my shirt was off, and she leaned over and, in a really cute, girly voice, went, ‘Hey, fatty!” – Jason Segel
7. “If it’s achievement that you place your value in, you’re never going to achieve enough. If it’s power, you always need to wield power over others. If it’s money, you’ll never be rich enough. But if you do something and are a part of what is happening, then you’re always in it and it’s always enough.” – Jason Segel
8. “One thing that I think never goes out of style is just purity. Niceness and purity. And the Muppets have never lost that. Kermit especially is just wide-eyed wonder, unblinking. And he cant blink. Which I think probably helps.” – Jason Segel
9. “Funny enough, there have been puppets in everything I’ve written because I have a huge love of puppets. There’s a big puppet musical at the end of ‘Sarah Marshall.’ I wrote ‘The Muppets.” – Jason Segel
10th of 23 Jason Segel Quotes
10. “I sold my first script when I was 21 – this kids’ adventure movie that never got made. I just bought that one back, actually. I’m pretty psyched about it.” – Jason Segel
11. “I’ve just grown a little disappointed with ‘Muppets in the Old West’, ‘Muppets Under Water’ and all these weird concept movies. I just want to go take it back to the early ’80s, when it was about the Muppets trying to put on a show. That’s what I’m trying to bring back.” – Jason Segel
12. “One of the pitfalls of a romantic comedy is that you know how it’s going to end.” – Jason Segel
13. “There were some super-lean years, yeah. I’m six feet four. And I entered into this period all of a sudden when I was too big to play a kid and I was too young to play an adult. Like, I couldn’t play the lawyer, but I couldn’t play the high school kid anymore.” – Jason Segel
14. “Fozzie Bear has so many bear puns in this script – like, ‘Trac is grizzly!’ ‘This is unbearable!’ It’s the greatest.” – Jason Segel
15. “I have a similar issue with people who hire me as I do with women. ‘You have to have a particular taste to want to be around me. I have a slightly askew view.” – Jason Segel
16. “I’ve been 6’4″ since I was 12. Goofy is somewhere in the lexicon.” – Jason Segel
17. “My belief in God is that God wants you. God wants you to believe in him, or it, whatever you would call it.” – Jason Segel
18. “The power dynamics in a relationship are going to be fluid over a long period of time, so to wait for ‘perfect’ is going to be a mistake.” – Jason Segel
19. “For some reason, I was born without a sense of embarrassment or shame.” – Jason Segel
20th of 23 Jason Segel Quotes
20. “I don’t like when I watch a fight in a movie that’s perfectly worded and very articulate. If you were able to be that composed, you wouldn’t be fighting! Fighting in real life is sloppy.” – Jason Segel
21. “I would love to play a villain someday in that I think that what I’ve done with my whole career is walk this tightrope between charming and creepy, and I always fall on the charming side. I’d like to fall on the creepy side and be like one of those scary old men, like really charming villains.” – Jason Segel
22. “Kermit was the Everyman, the original Tom Hanks, but I have a special place in my heart for Fozzie Bear. The classic borderline hacky entertainer.” – Jason Segel
23. “The movies that I love and model after, like ‘Annie Hall,’ ‘When Harry Met Sally,’ and in particular for me, ‘Broadcast News,’ are the tone of life, which isn’t a setup punch-line every two minutes.” – Jason Segel
Thanks for checking out these inspirational Jason Segel quotes! Don’t forget to share them with all your female friends and family members.