Dr. Dre is truly a Godfather of the American hip hop industry.
Dre started his career as a member of an electro group, namely, World Class Wreckin Cru. Thereafter, he made his mark with the influential gangsta rap group, N.W.A., which gave him his first major success.
He has been the driving force behind the success story of numerous rappers and hip hop artists whom he introduced to the music fraternity. These include Snoop Dogg, Eminem, and 50 Cent. Undoubtedly, he can be credited as the most influential producer of hip-hop history.
This is a list of some of the most inspirational Dr. Dre quotes we can all gain great knowledge from, and I encourage you to check these out and then leave a comment below as to your thoughts.
29 Inspirational Dr. Dre Quotes
1. “Don’t be worried about the next man – make sure your business tight.” – Dr. Dre
2. “Clear communication. Respect. A lot of laughter. And a lot of orgasms. That’s what makes a marriage work.” – Dr. Dre
3. “Try to be the king, but the ace is back.” – Dr. Dre
4. “Hear what the artists hear, and listen to the music the way they should, the way I do.” – Dr. Dre
5. “I’ve gone seventy-nine hours without sleep, creating. When that flow is going, it’s almost like a high. You don’t want it to stop. You don’t want to go to sleep for fear of missing something.” – Dr. Dre
6. “Even when I was close to defeat I rose to my feet” – Dr. Dre
7. “Black women are the strongest most hardworking people on earth.” – Dr. Dre
8. “I’m high off the indo creepin’ with the quickness to the cut, bust one to his head while he munches on that donut.” – Dr. Dre
9. “You got to realize that when I was 20 years old, I had a house, a Mercedes, a Corvette and a million dollars in the bank before I could buy alcohol legally.” – Dr. Dre
10th of 29 Dr. Dre Quotes
10. “I believe in reincarnation, and I believe I’ve lived quite a few lives.” – Dr. Dre
11. “I’m gonna try and change the course of hip hop again.” – Dr. Dre
12. “I just want to get my music out and make sure that it’s heard in the right way.” – Dr. Dre
13. “The record business. It’s exactly what it is – Record-Business. You have to take care of both, or they won’t take care of you.” – Dr. Dre
14. “The only two things that scare me are God and the IRS.” – Dr. Dre
15. “If there were no guns, we couldn’t talk about it, … You turn on the TV, you see soldiers marching with guns. We only talk about things that are happening.” – Dr. Dre
17. “I want to set the record straight for everybody who’s been waiting to hear my music. The song that’s on the internet is an incomplete song that I’m still working on. When it’s ready, you’ll be hearing it from me.” – Dr. Dre
18. “When I’m lovin’ these hoes, there ain’t no love involved.” – Dr. Dre
19. “Before now, I’ve always taken my mixes out to the car and listened to them in the parking lot. I still do that, but more so now I’m listening to it on the Beatbox, and I think people should give it at least a listen and check it out and see what it is.” – Dr. Dre
20th of 29 Dr. Dre Quotes
20. “I have been in the game for 10 years making rap tunes… Ever since honey was wearing Sassoons.” – Dr. Dre
21. “Never let me slip cuz if I slip then I’m slippin’.” – Dr. Dre
22. “Anyone that’s trying to do something to improve sound… that’s all good.” – Dr. Dre
23. “Engineering and mixing are absolutely key. Once a song is done, for me personally, it’s usually two or three days to get the mix down.” – Dr. Dre
24. “Name a sexual disease, she got it like Sam Goody.” – Dr. Dre
25. “They wanna hang us, see us dead, or enslave us, keep us trapped in the same place we raised in. Then they wonder why we act so outrageous, run around stressed out and pull out gauges.” – Dr. Dre
26th of 29 Dr. Dre Quotes
26. “I’m bad for your health, like puttin’ a pistol up to your face and blastin’ yourself.” – Dr. Dre
27. “When the ideas are coming, I don’t stop until the ideas stop because that train doesn’t come along all the time.” – Dr. Dre
28. “People are always coming up to me, thinking I’ve got some magic wand that can make them a star and I want to tell them that no one can do that. Making hit records is not that easy. But it took me time to realize that myself.” – Dr. Dre
29. “When I think of the future, I think a lot of Quincy Jones and how he is an inspiration. Look at the quality of his work over so many years. He didn’t even make his best record, ‘Thriller,’ until he was 50. That gives me something to look forward to. Nothing pulls you back into the studio more than the belief that your best record is still ahead.” – Dr. Dre
Thanks for checking out these inspirational Dr. Dre quotes. Don’t forget to share them with your friends and family using the share bar below.