Human equality is a concept that the American culture consider as its cornerstone. Despite the fact that there are citizens that were conceived into a better condition compared to others, everybody is entitled to equality. So everyone has the right to pursue happiness, liberty, and better life. This has been outlined in every document that declares the government system of the U.S.
However, even as the law stipulates the equality of citizens, it is still considered a mistake if you assume that everyone is the same. In fact, there are things that come easily to others while not for some. Whether you like it or not, you can’t doubt that talent exists.
The debate on which qualities of a person that allows him or her to excel can be determined in a variety of situations. Perhaps some will say that hard work can beat talent, while others can confirm that talent can outplay hard work. Well, having said all that, it can’t be denied that there are a few points that require more understanding. Here are some of the reasons why.
Hard Work Gains the Advantage
1. Some say that talent can be a useless trait if no work has been done to achieve it. For instance, one who sits all day on the couch can’t expect to be great someday. Talented individuals still need to practice and work it out just to excel in a particular line of work.
2. Talent can only push you so far, but you do not work hard to cultivate that particular talent it can be useless. With hard work and perseverance, talent can be overcome any day.
3. You can’t finish the race without hard work, even as talent serves to give you a head start. Although talented individuals are more inclined to succeed, not all are intensely gifted. Some still require great amount of practice to achieve better than what mere talent can.
Talent Is Superior than Hard Work
1. Talented individuals find it easier to achieve better in life compared to those who aren’t. Also, it can help them get a job because their innate talent can help them perform better and it will be very easy for them. They can also easily get good grades, get hired, or be successful in life with mere talent at hand.
2. Although hard work can help every person to succeed, not all people have the knack to create inventions. If you have talent about something, you can capitalize on it easily. Natural talent can help people build products that are difficult for normal people to achieve.
3. Being a talented person doesn’t require a lot of effort to do things they are good at. So even without working so hard to achieve greatness, talent can help a person to reach farther and greater in life.
Perhaps more people trust talent than hard work or vice versa. But regardless of the reason, there seems to be a thin line that separates these attributes. Just imagine if you can acquire both for the better of humanity.