|Profession(s)||Politician, Psephologist, Professor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm|
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 65 kg|
in pounds– 145 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party (2012-2015)|
Swaraj India (2015-Present)
|Political Journey||• In 2011, he joined the nationwide campaign against the corruption.|
• Eventually joined the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), founded by anti-corruption activists.
• He then worked as the National Executive of the party.
• In 2014, he contested (as an AAP candidate) in the Indian General elections from the Gurgaon constituency. He stood fourth in the elections.
• He was voted out on 4 March 2015 from AAP’s PAC (Political Affairs Committee).
• He was evicted from the party for alleged “Anti-Party Activities” on 28 March.
• On 14 April 2015, he formed a new political organization, Swaraj India; with Anand Kumar, Ajit Jha, and Prashant Bhushan.
|Date of Birth||5 September 1963|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Saharanwas, Rewari, Haryana|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Saharanwas, Rewari, Haryana|
|College/University||Rajasthan University |
Punjab University, Chandigarh
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.A. from Rajasthan University|
M.A. from JNU
M. Phil. from Punjab University, Chandigarh
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2008: Malcolm Adiseshiah Award for Development Studies|
2009: Global South Solidarity Award by the International Political Science Association
|Controversy||₹22 Lakhs were recovered by the Income Tax department from Yogendra Yadav’s sisters’ clinic in Rewari. Targeting the Modi government, Yogendra claimed that around 100 officials came to raid the hospital and seized the hospital including ICU despite the fact women delivering babies there. He challenged Modi Government to raid him and not to target his family and refuted all the allegations against him stating that he does not know about the accounts of the hospital. As per the reports, officials raided his hospitals; as they received information from the Nirav Modi group that Gautam Yadav (Yogendra’s nephew) paid ₹3.25 lakhs out of ₹6.50 lakhs after purchasing jewelry from Nirav Modi’s firm.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Madhulika Banerjee (Associate Professor at Delhi University)|
|Children||Names Not Known|
|Parents||Father– Devendra Singh (Retired Professor Of Economics)|
Mother– Name Not Known
Sister(s)– Dr Neelam Yadav, Dr Poonam Yadav
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹3 Crore (As In 2014)|